Patricia Baker and Four Others Honored for Commitment to Health Equity
“It is about believing that everybody should have the opportunity for optimal health, regardless of race, income, background, or ethnicity” – Patricia Baker, president & CEO of the Connecticut Health Foundation, in a video honoring her and Wheeler Clinic’s other four 2014 Gold Star Honorees.
At it’s Fourth Annual Evening of Wonder fundraising event on Saturday, October 11,2014, Wheeler Clinic honored these five individuals for their commitment to building health equity in underserved communities:
- Patricia Baker, president and chief executive officer, Connecticut Health Foundation;
- Kurt Barwis, FACHE, president and chief executive officer, Bristol Hospital and Health Care Group, Inc.;
- Christopher Dadlez, FACHE, president and chief executive officer, Saint Francis Care;
- Louise Murphy, MPA, LPC, CEAP, president, Aetna Behavioral Health; and
- Dick Salmon, M.D., Ph.D., national medical director for performance management and improvement, Cigna
We want to thank the Wheeler Clinic for honoring Patricia for her dedication to health equity. You can read more about the event in the Hartford Courant.
Watch the video of Patricia and the other honorees: