Are the Subsidies that Made Health Insurance Affordable, Also Illegal?
Were those subsidies illegal? It depends on who you ask, and if your state chose to run its own health insurance marketplace.
Two different federal circuit court rulings came down on either side of the issue. Of those 6.7 million Americans, 4.7 million may no longer be eligible for subsidies – and may no longer be able to afford health insurance.
In this video, Connecticut Health Foundation president & CEO Patricia Baker explains what this means for Connecticut in the short term and the long term.
- “Brief Consumer Guide To Health Law Court Decisions” from Kaiser Family Foundation.
- “Dueling Rulings: Courts Split on Health Law Clash” from WFSB.
- “Obamacare’s Big Day in Court Means Little for Connecticut” from CT Mirror.
- “Implementing Health Reform: Appellate Decisions Split On Tax Credits In ACA Federal Exchange” from the Health Affairs Blog.
- “After Health Law Rulings, Here Are Possible Next Steps” from the New York Times.