Program Details and Eligibility
The Health Leadership Fellows Program runs from September through June. We foster a learning-intensive environment for our participants to challenge themselves and each other as we learn together through practice.
In this program, you will:
- Learn from state and national health leaders, policy-makers, trainers, and your peers
- Understand and apply a systems change-approach to achieving health equity
- Discover your own personal leadership style and how to work with other styles in multi-disciplinary coalitions
- Hone your ability to effectively engage others and strategically communicate about a complex, polarizing issue
- Build and leverage new partnerships with your classmates and the broader Fellows network.
The program consists of monthly, half-day seminars, two weekend retreats, a group leadership project, and outside coursework,
Participants who complete the program become “Health Leadership Fellows” at the June commencement ceremony.
Expanding health equity for people of color requires ongoing, focused efforts. Our single strongest requirement for our candidates is a demonstrated commitment to achieving health equity in the state of Connecticut. Our program is targeted towards individuals from all career paths who want to have an impact on this important issue.
Ideal candidates will also possess an ability to align with and influence others, strong critical thinking skills, access to professional and community-based opportunities to implement change, and a desire for ongoing learning.
If you anticipate possible schedule conflicts during the year, please consider applying in the following year. Attendance at all monthly, half-day seminars, and weekend retreats, is mandatory.