The Connecticut Health Foundation seeks an accounting assistant with strong administrative skills. This role manages accounts payable, grants payable, spend management, purchasing, and vendor management. The accounting assistant will ensure that invoices, payments, and other company expenses are processed accurately and timely. In addition, this position will manage the preparation of all Finance & Investment Committee meeting materials. This individual must possess great attention to detail, meticulous organizational skills, and strong interpersonal skills. This position reports to the director of finance and will work closely with the operations manager.
Accounts Payable and Purchasing
- Lead accounts payables, technology purchasing and expense approval processes
- Process payments for grantees, consultants, and vendors as necessary
- Prepare payment entries and review payment entries prepared by others for accuracy; research payment issues/questions with requestors or director of finance
- Assist staff in developing vendor requirements and vendor contracts as needed. Facilitate vendor transactions, vendor contracts reporting, vendor performance reviews, and vendor due diligence
- Prepare expense reimbursement reports as needed
- Manage the 1099 process by preparing and filing online 1099s and 1096s based on federal and Connecticut due dates; coordinate mailing of 1099s to vendors, contractors, board & community advisory committee members. Using the CT DRS website, complete CT 1096 online
- Work with the director of communications and strategic initiatives to process sponsorships, including documentation in the grants management platform
- Support operations manager and director of finance with budgets and forecasts for expenses related to the board, community advisory committee, parking, facilities, and office operations
- Track and document board member meeting attendance and work with the operations manager in calculating board, board committee and community advisory committee compensation
- Manage the contracts database including maintenance of the related tracking/reporting system and associated files.
- Assist the director of finance as needed
- Work closely with staff to provide administrative support for Finance & Investment Committee meetings
- Attend Finance & Investment Committee meetings and record minutes
- Manage internet, phone, and cellular service contracts; support IT consultant with ordering equipment.
- Assist with payroll and special projects.
- Support implementation of new procedures and systems
- Assist with hardware and software set-up and removal.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field is preferred
- 2-4 years of work experience including accounts payable, payroll, purchasing, or bookkeeping experience
- QuickBooks (preferred) or other accounting software experience required
- Accounts payable or expense reimbursement software (Certify, Expensify, Tallie, SAP Concur) experience desired
- Demonstrated excellence in computer skills and advanced level skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and Teams desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A self-starter with excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Able to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong customer service focus
- Able to work with limited direction on day-to-day tasks
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Committed to the Connecticut Health Foundation’s health equity mission
Director of Finance
Full-time, Exempt (40 hours per week)
$45,000 to $55,000
Please click here to apply.
The Connecticut Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.