Terms and Conditions of Use
The website located at www.cthealth.org is owned and operated by the Connecticut Health Foundation, Inc. (the “Foundation“). The following are the Terms and Conditions of Use for this website (the “Terms and Conditions“).
By using the website, you acknowledge that you have read and are legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use the website. We reserve the right to modify or amend these terms and conditions from time to time without prior notice. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes will mean you accept those changes.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
The content provided on the website is presented as a courtesy to be used only for informational purposes and is not represented to be error free. THE FOUNDATION MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, WITH RESPECT TO THE WEB SITE OR ITS CONTENT, ANY REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. The Foundation does not warrant that the website or the server(s) that make the website available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
In no event will the Foundation or any of its officers, trustees, employees, agents or contractors (collectively, “Representatives“) be liable for any damages-whether direct, indirect, special, general, consequential, for alleged lost profits or otherwise-that might result from any use of or reliance on materials or links made available on or through the website.
Copyright and Ownership. All of the content featured or displayed on the website, is owned by the Foundation, its licensors, vendors, agents, and/or content providers, as applicable. All elements of the website, including without limitation the general design and the Content, are protected by trade dress, copyright, moral rights, trademark and other laws relating to intellectual property rights. The Foundation reserves the right to track the usage of Content.
Trademarks. All trademarks, service marks and trade names of the Foundation used in the website (including, but not limited to, the Connecticut Health Foundation name and logo) are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Foundation or its licensors, vendors, agents and/or content providers. You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute or modify them in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on the website, without the Foundation’s prior written consent.
All users of the Services agree to act responsibly. The Foundation does not control the content posted through the Services and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, quality or availability of such content. Although we do not censor the content being posted, we reserve the right to not post, or to remove after its posting, any content that in our sole discretion we deem to violate our guidelines. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos, documents, etc., you grant the Foundation a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any content that you post on or in connection with the Services. You represent that you have the right to post, and to grant such a license, over any content that you do post.
You may not post:
- Content that expressly or impliedly endorses or opposes any candidate for public office; and
- Content that encourages others to contact a government official to express support for, or opposition to, any legislation, including any legislation or regulation, including a specific proposal that has not yet been introduced.
- Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Content that falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your identity, affiliation with the Foundation, or any person or other entity;
- Confidential business or personal information, or content that infringes any trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Content that makes available unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, sweepstakes, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any similar form of solicitation;
- Content that is fraudulent, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- Content that violates any law, ordinance or regulation; that promotes illegal activities; that is harmful to minors; or
- Links to files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Foundation and the Representatives from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities and costs of every nature incurred by any of them in connection with any claim, damage or loss related to or arising out of: your use of the website, any assistance or services provided by us or the Representatives to you, any alleged unauthorized use of the website by you, or any breach or alleged breach by you of these Terms and Conditions. You agree to cooperate fully in the defense of any of the foregoing. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to control exclusively the defense of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. You will not settle any matter subject to such indemnification, and we will not be bound by any such settlement without our prior written consent. In any case where your obligation to indemnify is limited due to the requirements of federal, state or local laws, you agree to contribute to any damages incurred by the Foundation or the Representative.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
The site is controlled and operated from the Foundation’s offices in the State of Connecticut. By accessing the site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, which are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Connecticut, without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles.
In connection with any suit, action or proceeding arising from or relating to these Terms and Conditions, you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal and state courts within the State of Connecticut.
Electronic Communications; Binding and Entire Agreement
You agree that (a) these Terms and Conditions constitute an agreement “signed by you” under applicable law; (b) any notices or other communication regarding your use of the website may be provided to you electronically (by posting on the website, by e-mail, and other electronic formats) and will be considered received upon posting or other distribution. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the Foundation and supersede all other agreements, oral or written, concerning its subject matter.