Website Privacy Notice
In order to deliver personalized and relevant information to you through our website, we collect certain information from users.
Information We Collect
In operating our website, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide directly to us by filling in forms on our website, such as your name, e-mail address and message content if you choose to contact us through the website or provide feedback about the Foundation or our website;
- Information that you provide directly to us by signing up for newsletters and updates, such as your name and e-mail address.
- Information that you provide directly to us by applying for employment with the Foundation, such as your name, e-mail address, resume and other employment information.
- Information that you provide directly to us by applying for a grant, such as your name, contact information, proposal idea, concept paper, general operating support proposal, and information for the President’s Discretionary Grant Award application.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
By submitting a telephone number to the Foundation you agree that a representative of the Foundation can contact you at the number you provide, potentially using automated technology (including texts/SMS messaging) or a pre-recorded message. Your consent is not an obligation to receive any of our services.
A “cookie” is a piece of text which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s or device’s hard drive. Once you agree, this cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer or device. They help us and our affiliates to improve our website. They present the content from our website in the most effective manner for you and your computer or device.
All browsers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
We do not track our users across time or across websites.
We do not use flash cookies on our Website.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you in the best possible manner, and enable us to respond to requests for publications, distribute electronic updates, process grant applications and employment inquires, and respond to requests for more information or assistance. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information relating to our services;
- To provide third parties with statistical information about the users of our website;
- To monitor and conduct an analysis of our website traffic and usage patterns;
- To analyze trends.
To secure your information, we have put in place commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our website.
Nonetheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically on our website, and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any affiliated business entities or third parties necessary to provide services to you. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any), as well as third parties involved in the administration and operation of our services. We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties, such as:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party, whether through bankruptcy proceedings or other sale or merger.
- Where we must protect and/or defend our rights or property, the website or the website’s users.
- Where we must act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents or the users of the website or the public.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- When we are contractually obligated to disclose it.
Third Party Websites
By accessing third party websites through our website, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
Our website is designed and intended for those who have reached the age of majority (18 years of age). By using our website, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
No one under age 13 is authorized to submit or post any information, including personally identifying information, on our website. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 13 use our website. Parents or legal guardians of children under 13 cannot agree to these terms on their behalf.
Connecticut Health Foundation, Inc.
100 Pearl Street
Hartford, CT 06103
Effective Date: October 2, 2017