The Health Leadership Fellows Program runs from September through June. Through monthly, half-day seminars, two weekend retreats, a group leadership project, and outside coursework, we foster a learning-intensive environment for our participants to challenge themselves and each other.
The cultivation of our leaders takes place through a variety of activities, including:
- Learning from state and national health leaders, policy-makers, trainers, and your peers
- Developing an understanding of the theory behind systems change as part of realizing health equity
- Discovering your own personal leadership style and how to work with other styles in multi-disciplinary coalitions
- Communicating with strategic, values-based messaging to effectively influence others around this issue
- Expanding your professional network across sectors and industries.
Participants who complete the program become “Health Leadership Fellows” at the June commencement ceremony, and join an elite group who work together as colleagues to share information, resources, and opportunities.