Purpose: As the coronavirus continues to threaten public health, it is more important than ever to make sure people have access to good health care. Part of having access is making sure that Connecticut residents have affordable options for health insurance, understand how to sign up for health insurance, and know how to use their coverage. The purpose of this toolkit is to provide suggested messaging, resources and graphics that can be shared to inform CT residents about the steps they need to take to get covered for 2021. This year we are focusing on messaging to target the newly uninsured, understanding that many people have had changes to their employment during the pandemic and might not understand their options for health care coverage.
Questions about this toolkit? Feel free to contact Liz Kellner, senior communications officer, Connecticut Health Foundation firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quick enrollment information:
- Online or by phone: Direct people to Access Health CT to compare plans and sign up: https://www.accesshealthct.com/AHCT/cthix/#/home or call 1-855-805-4325
- To find local assistance in your community: https://www.accesshealthct.com/AHCT/cthix/#/astSrch/assistSearch
- For help COMPLETING your application, select find “An Enrollment Specialist (or Certified Applied Counselor)”
- For help CHOOSING a health care plan, select find “A Certified Broker”
- To schedule a virtual enrollment appointment during one of the enrollment fairs or find an in-person navigator: https://learn.accesshealthct.com/findus/
- In-person at an enrollment location in Groton, Bridgeport, New Haven, New Britain, Stamford, or Hartford: https://learn.accesshealthct.com/findus/#inpersonenrollmentlocations (by appointment only)
Shareable graphics and messaging:
Use these suggested messages and graphics on Twitter or Facebook!
Spread the word! Click on any of the below graphics to download and share.
- Need health insurance for next year? Open enrollment through @AccessHealthCT starts on November 1 and ends on December 15. #GetCoveredCT https://www.accesshealthct.com/AHCT/cthix/#/home
- Did you lose your health care coverage recently? You have options. Visit https://www.accesshealthct.com/AHCT/cthix/#/home #GetCoveredCT
- When can you sign up for your 2021 health insurance plan? Enrollment starts Nov 1st. Go to https://www.accesshealthct.com/AHCT/cthix/#/home and click on “enroll now” to #GetCoveredCT
- Your last chance to enroll for 2021 private health insurance coverage is Dec 15! Act now. #GetCoveredCT https://www.accesshealthct.com/AHCT/cthix/#/home
- Wondering how to sign up for health insurance for 2021? You can sign up online at AccessHealthCT.com, by phone at 1-855-805-4325, or with an in-person navigator at https://learn.accesshealthct.com/findus/
- Whether you are renewing coverage or looking at insurance options for the first time, there are people available to help you understand your options and sign up for health insurance. Final local help: https://www.accesshealthct.com/AHCT/cthix/#/astSrch/assistSearch #GetcoveredCT @AccessHealthCT
- The coronavirus pandemic has taught us the importance of having access to good health care. Make sure that you and your family are covered by enrolling in a health insurance plan through @AccessHealthCT! Enrollment starts 11/1 and goes until 12/15. https://www.accesshealthct.com/AHCT/cthix/#/home
- Call@AccessHealthCT to sign up for health insurance today! ✔️#GetCoveredCT ? 1-855-805-4325
- Health insurance can be confusing. Visit @AccessHealthCT for FAQs, tools and resources on how to get and use a plan that you can afford https://learn.accesshealthct.com/
- Think you can’t afford health insurance for you and your family? You may be surprised! Many of @AccessHealthCT’s customers qualify for financial help. See what insurance will cost you here: https://www.accesshealthct.com/AHCT/cthix/#/famInfo/loadFamilyInfo
- Looking to #GetCovered, but have questions about prices, plans and everything in between? Find someone to help walk you through it – in English, Spanish, or more than 100 other languages. Check out https://www.accesshealthct.com/AHCT/cthix/#/astSrch/assistSearch to find FREE enrollment assistance.
- You might qualify for financial help to buy health coverage depending on: # of people in your house, how much $ you make, & where you live. Find out if you qualify; it’s quick and easy! #GetCoveredCT https://www.accesshealthct.com/AHCT/cthix/#/famInfo/loadFamilyInfo
- Have questions or need help signing up for health care coverage? There are people ready to help. Schedule an appointment to get FREE help virtually or in-person. @AccessHealthCT https://learn.accesshealthct.com/findus/
- Signing up for 2021 health care insurance? Be prepared. Make sure you have the right documents when you meet with an enrollment specialist so you can sign up on the spot! #GetCoveredCT. https://4155l2gg5ga3d1m572z1uo2qov-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/SEP-2020-What-Do-I-Need-to-Enroll.pdf
- Get FREE help signing up for health insurance through @AccessHealthCT during their virtual enrollment fairs. Schedule a day that works for you and enroll using your computer, tablet or smart phone. You will need an internet connection. Pick your date here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/access-health-ct-virtual-enrollment-fairs-tickets-125956522349
- Compare health insurance plan options anonymously and see if you qualify for financial help. Visit https://learn.accesshealthct.com/ and click “Compare Plans” #GetCoveredCT
- Choosing your health care plan can be complicated. Pick a plan that fits your family’s needs. Make sure to consider your doctors, what prescriptions you take, and how often you use medical services before picking a 2021 plan. #GetCoveredCT @AccesshealthCT https://www.accesshealthct.com/AHCT/cthix/#/famInfo/loadFamilyInfo
- Signing up for your 2021 health plan? Do your homework. Check if your doctors, prescriptions, and the care you need are covered BEFORE you choose a plan! #GetCoveredCT https://www.accesshealthct.com/AHCT/cthix/#/famInfo/loadFamilyInfo
- Plans and prices change every year. Before you renew, make sure you’re signed up for the plan that best fits your budget and health needs. #GetCoveredCT https://www.accesshealthct.com/AHCT/cthix/#/famInfo/loadFamilyInfo